Welcome to Our Lady of Guadalupe Volunteer Program. Every year, we get ready our hearts and minds to be able to serve our brothers and sisters in our Parish. If you feel the call of our Lord to serve in our parish in any of our Ministry Groups, please you need to follow the next four steps.
Blessings and Welcome.
The world tells us to seek success, power and money, God tells us to seek humility, SERVICE and Love. Pope Francis
Step 1 â€“ Visit our Parish Office or send us an e-mail to request an appointment with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Address: 11691 NW 25 Street, Doral, Fl 331782
- E-mail: email@example.com
Step 2 â€“ Volunteer Application.
Thanks for answering the call of God to serve him by teaching to our youngest generations. May God and our Lady of Guadalupe bless you.
The Bishops in the U.S. believes that "The call to the ministry of catechist is a vocation, an interior call, the voice of the Holy Spirit."1
If you would like to offer your time and talents to the service of your parish, please download the Volunteer Application.
After you have completed the Application you need to continue with Step 3.
Step 3 â€“ Check Background.
Safe Environment Policy of the Archdiocese of Miami.
Mandatory for all Volunteer 18 year old and older.
The Archdiocese of Miami, along with 194 dioceses of the United States Catholic Conference, is committed to providing safe environments for those who need protection the most, our children and our vulnerable adults. Under the direction of Archbishop Favalora, we have kept that promise and it is therefore mandated that all clergy, employees, volunteers, seminarian candidates, Eucharistic Ministers, etc. take part in our safe environment requirements which are:
- All must be fingerprinted;
- All must participate in the "Virtus" training program which is provided at many locations throughout the Archdiocese of Miami.
Both the fingerprinting process and the training are offered free to each participant.
Our fingerprinting process is one of the most secured systems available, as we deal directly with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement who in turn works with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Once someone is fingerprinted it is sent to the FDLE and within a few days the results are returned. Anyone with a questionable item is notified and has the opportunity to meet with her/his supervisor or pastor to explain the offense.
The results sent to the Archdiocese are held in a specially-alarmed area, with other security aspects in place. The FDLE annually conducts an inspection of the Safe Environment Office that maintains the results of fingerprinting searches and our office continually receives the highest ranking for its security.
Adults are required to participate in both requirements to volunteer at any church or facility within the Archdiocese of Miami.
For Our Lady of Guadalupe Church follow the next steps:
You must register online at www.fieldprintflorida.com/ before going to the fingerprint place :
- Click "Schedule an appointment" (registration can be done in English or Spanish);
- Create a secure username/password and enter the Fieldprint scheduling system;
- In the "Reason why you need to be fingerprinted" screen, select the web link: "I know my Fieldprint Code". (To obtain this access code, please call Miguel Ruiz at 305-593-6123 beforehand.) Please note that the access code is case sensitive.
- Provide all the information requested. This information is required by the FDLE/FBI in order to process the criminal search.
- At this point, the website will prompt the applicant for the information required to find a local fingerprinting facility and schedule an appointment. Instructions, directions, maps and photos will all be provided directly online.
To read more about the Archdiocesan Policies about Fingerprinting please visit the following website: Finger Prints ADOM
Step 4 â€“ Virtus Training "Protection God's Children".
Mandatory course for all catechists and volunteers 18 year old and older.
In the Archdiocese of Miami, every person who is working with youth or children must attend the Virtus Course.
This course is about 3 hours. After it, you will receive a monthly e-mail with an informative bulletin, you have to read it and answer a comprehensive question at the end of the bulletin.
Most of us have attended already this course, some not. Please, if you have not attended it, log on at www.virtusonline.org/, and register in the next one.
If you have attended already but you are not registered online, please do so logging in at www.virtusonline.org/
If you need assistant do not hesitate to contact me at 305-593-6123.